A recent press release from the American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM) describes new research from Vice Chair for Pain Medicine Ajay D. Wasan, MD, MSc showing that scientists can predict the effectiveness of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in treating pain by assessing the nervous system’s own capacity to regulate pain. Dr. Wasan’s study showed that patients whose tests had indicated superior conditioned pain modulation had less pain and fewer neuropathic symptoms.
Information for Patients
For information regarding clinical care and appointments, please visit our clinical website
- Dr. Ajay Wasan Appointed AAPM VP for Scientific Affairs and Senior Editor of Pain Medicine September 11, 2017
- Dr. Ajay Wasan Spotlighted in Article on Safe Opioid Prescribing Practice August 7, 2017
- Dr. Trent Emerick Elected to UPP Board of Directors November 22, 2016
- Pain Physicians Quoted in PittMed Article on Opioid Epidemic November 21, 2016
- Dr. Scott Brancolini Elected APPD Secretary/Treasurer November 18, 2016